Les artcicles : exercice 1
The ou Ø? Choisissez et justifiez !
1. Up until ___ late sixties ___ children in ___ France didn't go to ____ school on ___ Thursdays.
2. Please write ten lines about ___ irony in this passage.
3. ___ life of Oscar Wilde was no bed of ___ roses.
4. Did you get my flowers? –Yes, thanks a mil, I loved ___ yellow roses.
5. ___ yellow roses are my favorite flowers.
6. My grandparents used to go to ___ church every Sunday.
7. They were very severe with me. Whenever I did something wrong, they would send me to ___ church to confess my sins.
8. ___ pandas are an endangered species.
9. ___ Yellowstone volcanoes might cause ___ end of ___ mankind some day.
10. ___ plot develops in ___ 19th century France.
11. ___ music of ___ 18th century is far more superior to what we hear today on ___ radio!
12. ___ shortest month of ___ year is February.
13. When are they coming? –In ___ fall. They hate it here in ___summer. They say it's too hot.
14. I don't like ___ liars.
15. Most French prisoners were sent to ___ Ruhr to work.
Les artcicles : exercice 2
Traduisez les énoncés obtenus.
Les artcicles : exercice 3
Complétez par l'article qui convient.
It had all started on ___ October 22. Six years earlier.
Lloyd Delamotte had got up before ___ dawn, like most days. He was to lecture at ___ teachers' training college, as he did several times ___ month. His head was full of ___ thoughts and ___ worries at that time. First, he had to deal with ___ aggressive IRS inspector whose aim was more to cause him ___ trouble than find anything wrong with his books. ___ audit had been done by ___ IRS after receiving ___ anonymous letter of ___ denunciation written by ___ unidentified colleague. His notoriety and professional success had always caused ___ problems in ___ past with ___ jealous colleagues, but it had never gone this far. Then he had to organize his life so that his ailing wife would not feel so abandoned. This was ___ difficult task due to his regular schedule at ___ high school, ___ lectures at ___ Sorbonne, ___ numerous travels across ___ country to teach, train, and lecture, and ___ work he had started for his publisher. ___ days were full and ___ nights short. But he loved ___ excitement and ___ contact with his various audiences, whether they were ___ older teens, ___ junior college students, ___ university students, ___ young trainees, or ___ older, more experienced teachers. His work life was full, and he loved ___ feeling that he was doing something useful for ___ forward march of ___ education in his country. But his other life, well, he’d rather not think about it just yet.
While shaving that morning, he was looking forward to ___ challenging new day: his role was to make ___ group of trainees aware of ___ problems involved in ___ teaching of ___ English grammar. He had specialized in this subject a few years earlier in his thesis. It was on ___ relationship between ___ semiology of ___ movie pictures and ___ words, phrases, and grammar forms used by ___ characters in ___ selected film scenes. ___ originality of ___ approach had earned him ___ certain form of ___ recognition with his in-the-field colleagues, and in ___ university circles. Now he had discovered that he enjoyed ___ research that so engrossed him, but more than that, it was ___ sharing of what he had found that thrilled him.
As ___ razor blade worked its careful way along his jaw line, he gradually awoke to ___ day's prospects. ___ worries began to erase from his mind, helped by ___ fact that he never listened to ___ radio while washing, shaving or showering. He had given up long ago on ___ world, ___ politics, and ___ media, and he was sick of ___ constant news rehash that all ___ radio stations fed their listeners. He loved ___ quiet moment that he spent in his antiquated bathroom every morning while making himself presentable to his various audiences.
Découvrez ici les différents types d'articles, leur emploi ainsi que leur prononciation. Consultez aussi le cours sur les auxiliaires modaux Pour gagner en qualité de prononciation, l'entreprise Educastream propose un service de cours particulier en ligne.