- Module 1 "A friendly introduction"
Stealing, Confused, Pouting
Gerund: I like + V-ING
He/she is V+ing
They are V+ing
Everyday Life in different Countries of the English-Speaking World
- Module 2 "Changing Seasons"
- Module 3 "Yesterday was a Busy Day"
Temperatures in degrees Celsius
What’s wrong? Describing emotional states
American Culture and Traditions
- Module 4 "Horsing Around"
- Module 5 "Native Culture"
Horsing around , rodeo / ranch jobs
Pioneer, ghost town, Sheriff, Totem pole
First Nations’Traditions and Arts
Transport and Communication
- Module 6 "Going From Here to There"
- Module 7 "Life-long Friendship "
Means of transport
Years (nineteen forty-nine)
Have you ever?
Frequency : Often/rarely/ sometimes
Looking for a job on the US West Coast
- Module 8 "Seattle Job Search"
- Module 9 "Jobs of Sunny California"
Job applicant, Resume, Flexible hours, Full-time position
Word of mouth
Expression of : possibility, requirements, suggestions
Should/ shouldn’t/ must/ has to/mustn’t …
If ....would …
In New York City
- Module 10 "The Big Apple’s skyline : New York City’s historic monuments and skyscrapers"
- Module 11 "The Green Heart of NYC: Central Park "
If I went to NYC, I would ...
Celebrating the British holidays from December to January.
- Module 12 "An Advent Adventure : a Holiday Countdown "
- Module 13 "New Year’s Resolutions"
New Year’s resolutions
Words of placement
Frequency :How often?
Threats on the Environment
- Module 14 "Saving Our Environment : What must we do to reduce air pollution?"
- Module 15 "Protecting the Animal Kingdom "
Global warming: causes and effects
World Wildlife Fund
We must stop V+ing
We should/ought to…
Predictions and superstitions
- Module 16 "Silly Superstitions?"
- Module 17 "Fortune Telling"
I (don’t) think/believe that…
In my opinion…
It is (un)lucky…
I would wish for…
It is (un)likely/ (im)possible
Likelihood and possibility
Glimpses of North American pop culture
- Module 18 "Are grafitti artistic ?"
- Module 19 "Let’s Dance : America’s dance culture"
(un)impressive, imaginative, provocative
Types of dances
Once/ twice/ three times A week…
The British Parliament
- Module 20 "Big Ben’s Neighbour: Governing next to the River Thames"
- Module 21 "Debating Politics : British social issues"
House of Lords /Commons
Members of Parliament
Debate, social issues
Lead to ...
Be caused by…
While + V-ing
In fact/And yet/However/ Therefore
British Literature: Legendary couples
- Module 22 "Fighting for love "
- Module 23 "Shakespeare’s Tragic Love stories"
Knights of the Round Table
History/ Middle Ages
Isolde and Tristan, Lady Guinevere and Sir Lancelot,
Hamlet and Ophelia Romeo and Juliet.
Comparing : expressing similarities & differences
The US Presidency
- Module 24 "How to become the US President"
- Module 25 "Life in the White House: a young woman’s dream "
A Representative /Senator
Congress, Capitol, Government, Campaign, Primary election, White House, Air Force One
Will + V/Going to + V
Two famous Advocates of Nonviolence
- Module 26 "The Greatness of Ghandi : Principles of peace"
- Module 27 "Bob Marley’s Reggae Revolution : the Rastafari movement"
Humanitarian, Peace, Principles, Non-violence, Vegetarian
Philosophy, Revolution, Uprising
Reggae, Rastafari movement however, yet, unless, until..
For/since +Past perfect
Had to + V
Words of sequence: Started/Then/ Finally/
We would have seen…
If we had seen it when…
Defending Human and Civil Rights
- Module 28 "A King’s Dream : ending racism in America"
- Module 29 "Mandela’s Opposition to Apartheid : A success story?"
Opposition to racism/Slavery
Public speech, Equality, Apartheid, Imprisonment, Freedom
Right / wrong Comparing statistics
Contrast :Whereas Used to…( but now…)
Too much/(not) enough + GN
From Jennifer Smith’s Diary.
- Module 30 "Dear Diary : it was a really bad day!"
- Module 31 "Dear Diary : A romantic moment!"
Members of a wedding party
Travel vocabulary Formulate reproaches
Past continuous + when+ Simple past
Superlative + Have + V-en
What (a/an)/ such (a,an)…!
Should /ought to+ have + V-en…
Do you remember ?
- Module 32 "A Year of Memories "
- Module 33 "Magical Moments"
Revision of the year’s vocabulary
This picture is missing…
It may/might be… Asking questions
Revision of past grammar lessons